Restore Your Marriage By
Casting Out Demonds
Those who believe (cling to, rely on, trust) and stay in the presence of God, have been given the authority to cast out demons...To break the power of the tongue, to cast down imaginations, in our own lives as well as in others.
My husband talks to his sister daily, (my best friend) and whenever she asks if he thinks he'll ever come home he says, "I love her and I miss her, but I'm not coming back" or he says, "I can't go there", or "it is what it is. I can't go through that pain again, it hurts too much."
Those word have power and each time they are spoken, they convince him it's the truth...a type of satanic brainwashing. Those words have to be cast down, or rebuked in the Name of Jesus. And when we know we have the authority to rebuke them, satan has to go, no matter how far away someone may be.
"Satan doesn't have any power over you; the only thing he has is ability, and that is the ability to deceive."
Proverbs 18:21 says,“Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that love it shall eat of the fruit thereof.”
Those words my husband speaks are formed in his mind, in his imagination which forces him to believe what he has said. However, we also have the authority to cast down those imaginations, if they exalt themselves against the knowledge of God.
"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" 2 Corinthians 10:5.
God hates divorce, satan loves it and satan will do everything in his power to convice us that divorce is okay....that we can break our solemn promise to God, ask for forgiveness and move on. Never underestimate God. Perhaps He will forgive you, perhaps He won't, but there is an awful price to pay when we knowingly and rebelliously go against God's Word and what He has joined together. Throughout the Bible it speaks of God's wrath, and that should keep anyone from breaking a promise to God.
My husband also has an issue of trust, because I went out for dinner and had 2 or 3 drinks a few times a weeks. His thoughts went from an alcolohic to an excessive drinker, however, it was just a lifestyle that I had become accustom too. The day I promised God I would never take another drink, I have never had an urge to drink again. I gave it to God, God took the urge away. It was a piece of cake. My husband knows this promise I made to God...he knows how much I love God...he knows that my word is good...but he still does not trust it, and that is understandable. But those thoughts are not the truth.
He told his sister sometimes he wants to come back, but then he changes his mind in rebuttal. Only satan would cause someone to nullify the evedience that has been presented. Thus, since my husband and I became one flesh when we married, I have the authority to cast down those imaginations and bring them into captivity and to the obedience of Christ.
"I cast down Father, "my husbands name" unholy and unprofitable imaginations of distrust. I have captured those rebellious thoughts and give them to You, so you can teach them to obey." By praying this, those evil reasonings are destroyed. These imaginations of the natural mind exalt themselves against the true word of God. Destroy the stronghold. Bring your spouses entire being into subjection to the will of God.
Jesus confronted demons with absolute authority. And that is what we have to do in order to save our marriage. With the Holy Spirit’s power, we can resist the devil, and he will flee from us.
Satan and his followers, are powerful and destructive. Still active in the world today, they seek to distort and destroy our relationship with God. Never kid yourself, Demons are real. It is vital that Christian's recognize the power of Satan and his demons...but the good news is, they are powerless against those who trust in and rely on Jesus. If we resist the devil, he will leave us alone...
God has equipped all Christians with His powerful armor to overcome Satan's power. The Apostle Paul said that "For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds," (2 Corinthians. 10:4).
Jesus said, "In my name shall they cast out devils;" (Mark 16:17).
"Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you." Luke 10:19.
"Then He appointed twelve, that they might be with Him and that He might send them out to preach, and to have authority to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons." (Mark 3:14,15).
This passage tells us that "being with Jesus" comes before receiving the authority to cast out demons. In order to cast out demons, we must first "be with Him".
If you live heedlessly, it is not enough to say, "I am a born again Christian" and expect demons to flee from you in fear. Effective authority over Satan and his demons comes through true submission to God. Jesus never did anything unless it came from the Father. (John 6:38). It is arrogant to think that we can go off of our own and destroy the strongholds of satan. Nothing we do on our own will prevail in spiritual warfare.
You have been given authority to cast out demons. It is not something you have to be "ordained" to do. It is something that Jesus teaches us to do when we stay in His presence.
"I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father." John 14:12.
HOW TO CLOTH YOURSELF IN GOD' ARMOR
1. TAKE AUTHORITY -- Every believer has the right to take authority over Satan's activities, in Jesus Name Sake. "No one can enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man, and then he will plunder his house" (Mark 3:27). Tell the devil in a spoken command that he is bound and he must leave the stronghold! Exercising authority in the name of Jesus will drive out the Devil and all his demonds. "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons" (Mark 16:17).
2. INTERCESSION -- Have other believers pray and intercede to drive out strongholds until you get results. There is intensified power in the gathering of more believers. Prayer with fasting intensifies faith, and faith will break strongholds. "Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast him out? However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting" (Matthew 17:19,21).
Fasting from food is almost always in the scriptures, however ther are other ways to fast. Anything you desire and give up temporarily in order to focus your complete attention on God can be considered a fast (1 Corinthians 7:1-5). Fasting from food should be limited to a set period of time where it is not harmful to your body. Fasting is intended to direct your attention to God.
3. DISSOCIATION -- Dissociation is a mental process that severs a connection to a person's thoughts, memories, feelings, actions, or sense of identity. Forget yourself and establish the presence of God. Focus, Focus, Focus on God and nothing else. When you command satan to leave, fill up with God's presence. Where the presence of the Lord is, the Devil is not! Satan hates and fears God and when people are lifting God up in worship and honoring His name in prayer, satan runs and flees. The presence of the Lord displaces the Devil. "for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" (2 Corinthians 6:14).
4. RESISTANCE -- Submit yourselves and draw near to God. This is how we resist Satan and he will flee. Satan and all his angels run from submissive, devout Christians. He runs from your life. He will run from the power of your words and run out of anyone's life, when they are spoken with the the Name and authority Of Jesus, and rebuke with full authority. "Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).
5. FILL THE VOID -- Give no place for the devil to dwell or reside. When satan flees, fill the void with God. Let righteousness be the standard rule of behavior, and think on these things: "whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them]."
Allow no opportunity for satan to return and find refuge to rebuild his authority and strength through rebellion, dishonesty or immorality. The scripture says "Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him]." (Ephesians 4:27).
6. PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD -- Scripture says be prepared as we go into this spiritual battle. Without God's Armor as ourprotection, we do not stand a chance. God will empower us to fight the good fight and to make a stand against the devil. Clothe yourself with His armor.
"Therefore put on God's complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and, having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in your place]. Stand therefore [hold your ground], having tightened the belt of truth around your loins and having put on the breastplate of integrity and of moral rectitude and right standing with God, And having shod your feet in preparation [to face the enemy with the firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness produced by the good news] of the Gospel of peace. Lift up over all the [covering] shield of saving faith, upon which you can quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked [one]. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of God." (Ephesians 6:13-17).
Take upon yourself daily, the full armor of God's spiritual covering that you may maintain your battle-ready stand against satan. Don yourself with the shield of faith, the belt of truth, the breastplate of integrity and moral rectitude and right standing with God, the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit (God's Word). With God's complete armor, you will be ready to resist any satanic assault, and will be ready to expel the strongholds in others. "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil" (Ephesians 6:11).
Always remember this: Satan is afraid of God, he knows his time is dreawing near. He knows where he is going and he wants to take you with. Don't let him deceive you. If you want your marriage restored, then you will have to pray for your husband or wife, the same way you would pray for your own needs. It's as simple as that, and you must trust that God knows what He is doing.
Be Patient because through faith and patience we inherit the promises.
Pray to God for His power and strength. Receive God's love and stay in the word and in His presence. Get close to God and you will see that He will deliver you from the enemies hand. He will restore to you everything that has been lost or stolen, and He will restore it 2 fold, guaranteed. He said it in His word.
Praise God, Glorify His name continually, giving thanks for restoring your marriage and bring it back more exceeding and abundantly above and beyond all that you have asked, thought or imagined. Where there seems to be no way, God will make a way. That is the shield of faith you will need so that your marriage is not destroyed and given over to the enemy.
I ask that anyone who reads this message, please pray and come into agreement with me that my marriage is restored, in the Name of Jesus, Amen.